Thursday, November 17, 2011

What to do?


This whole Penn State debacle got me thinking. Leadership is a fragile entity with endless boundaries that influences every corner of society. As a future leader, that is a scary concept to try to tackle. If every action has a reaction and following the rules/chain of command can still result in your termination, it is hard to know how big of a wave you want to make with your leadership style. Yet, following your moral compass can result in stepping over tangible and intangible borders, which is not always right. Where do I draw the line in my leadership style?
I hope that strong communication, logical perceptions and resolute conflict management are the addition skills I need to face this problem in the future, because it makes me quite unease not knowing if I have the right tools to deal with situations like this.   

No comments:

Post a Comment